In honor of EARTH DAY 2018 and the efforts to end plastic pollution we wanted to share with you some of our favorite alternatives to single use plastic.
1. Say no to plastic shopping bags when you bring your own reusable bags. Keep some in your car so you don’t forget them. And if you do forget them, don’t beat yourself up, ask for paper bags instead and slowly build the habit of bringing you own bags.
Here are some of our favorite bags from our friends at Mama Eco:
2. Get your own metal reusable ready to-go bottle and ditch the plastic bottles.
For every bottle sold they pick 1 pound of trash!
How awesome is that!
Use Code: MGFRIEND at checkout for a 10% discount at Waterlust.com
3. Replace plastic containers, zip-top bags & tupperware with glass/steal containers, bees wax wraps, silicone bags and more.
Plastic containers release small chemicals into stored foods and drinks. Bisphenol A (BPA), is a chemical commonly used to make clear, tough plastic bottles and food can liners. BPA can leach, or migrate, from plastic baby bottles, plastic water bottles and plastic food containers into the liquids and food entering the bloodstream, so its best not to use them.
4. Plastic lined cups & plastic lids – replace with a to-go stainless steel thermos mug.
Did you know the paper coffee cups are lined with plastic? Not to mention the plastic lid. No one wants nasty plastic chemicals leaching into their bloodstream, so get your own to-go thermos mug. Because they are insulated your drink will stay hot longer, another plus!
5. Don’t use plastic plates, use paper plates or reusable ones instead.
6. Replace plastic utensils with reusable stainless steel or bamboo to-go utensils.
7. Say no more to plastic straws and get your own to-go straw.
At MG Surfline ™ we aspire to be a part of the solution. We believe that together as a global community we can make a difference.
Join us in our mission for a plastic free Ocean.